*** I still have to model, texture and rigg more characters
26.154 x photo files, complete backgrounds of 64 scenes (real locations)
Almost 9 scenes have a color graded background
*** There are 8 more scenes that i still have to make the background, but those scenes will be made in 3D
92 minutes of original music made with original recorded samples
I still have to mix 2 more themes (4 more minutes)
To make the music i made a total of 41 hydrogen drumkits from wich 8 have been released under creative commons and are freely available to download and use.
*** I would probably make 1 to 3 more themes.
127 pages of storysketch, with an average of 12 to 15 drawings per page
After the storysketch i wrote the script (just to understand better the story)
I´m currently working on the color grade of the backgrounds, then i will make my first cut with the graded backgrounds and music, later i will make the 3d characters that are still missing, after i will animate, and the final stage will be the recording and mixing of the sound FX.
Just a little update on the OMMP, here are the three model stages of the comet from the scene 60:
1:First i carved a polystyrene ball
2:Then i added epoxic clay and modeled craters and holes, i printed the pattern of a rock that i have, applying pressure with the rock over the clay, i also use some round sticks and my hands.
3:And finally i painted the surface of the model using a technique called dry brush
(First you apply a black paint all over the model, then you apply several layers using each time a lighter color. To apply the lighter paint layers you first wet the brush on the paint, and then you remove the paint excess on a absorbent surface (like cardboard), and then, with the dry brush you paint the model)
Now i have to see if a can make a 3D scan following this opensource tutorial
Hopefully the next 74 minutes will be ready by the end of 2013, early 2014…
Tech specs: 4k, 96khz-24 bit, (for now, only stereo audio, i will make it in 5.1 eventually)
This is the OMMP, at first i was going to make it in 3d stereo, but due to lack of technical equipment and too much render time, i decided it to make it just in 2d, but at least in 4k, i hope to find a cinema distributor once i finish.
Happy new year everyone!*
*Remember though, that every minute, and every second, of every day, is a new year, everything depends on the eye of the observer
The franken lens, (:, just a fun proyect of the weekend, i took an old polaroid camera, of the ones that printed the images in the 80´s, took out the plastic lens and placed into mi micro four thirds camera, the tubes that you see are macro tubes, that are used to been able to have the lens in focus (In this case the distance from the lens to the camera sensor must be the same distance that the light traveled from the lens to the printable paper inside the polaroid), luckily, to these tubes a 52mm ring can be screwed, so i simply attached a 52mm ring into the lens, to make the Frankenlens interchangeable.
*The white goo is epoxic clay, i used it just to hold everything together in a sturdy way
**The diaphragm is part of the internal mechanism of the original polaroid camera, thats way the franken lens has such a weird shape, to keep the blades of the diaphragm working (the lever wheel and the spring are also part of the ancient mechanism)
I can also control the two blades lens diaphragm in two different ways.
By turning this screw i can hold the diaphragm in a desire position.
And by pulling this little lever i can have an stepless diaphragm.
above the diaphragm and inside the 52mm ring, there is a little hole, this hole is used to give a ghosting effect to the images, just a little effect that make the Frankenlens more unique, and by covering the hole, from the outside, with the finger, the ghosting effect dissapears. Here are some two photo examples:
with the ghosting effect.
with the ghosting effect.
So, as you can imagine, i will probably never use this lens again (:, but is a nice thing to have just in case you want that effect of an old plastic camera, on my camera it almost look like a 75mm lens (on 35mm equivalent), and the lens needs a lot of light in order to work, this is probably because it doesn´t have a focus mechanism, so i don´t know, maybe it is an F8, and keeps everything in focus, problably only useful for daylight or long time exposure pics in the night.
As part of the ¨OMMP¨ since January 2012, i have been recording samples to make music, as i´m using Hydrogen (opensource, available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS) a drum machine, running on Ubuntu (opensource OS), i have created several drumkits, that i will be uploading from time to time, this post is to let you people know that, as there is currently a drumkit contest organized by the developers of Hydrogen, i´ll be uploading 4 drumkits to this contest and they are going to be released under a CC-by license, yes, that means that everyone is going to be able to use this drumkits, even for commercial puposes, as long as they give me the proper credit (Gabriel Verdugo Soto, www.belofilms.com), the 4 drumkits are: Acoustic guitar-normal, Acustic guitar-normal strums, Acoustic guitars-muted, and an eclectic drumkit of fruits, cans, books, leafs, human noises and a djembe from Senegal.
Everything was recorded with a mono-unidirectional-condenser shotgun mic and also a stereo-cardiod-condenser mic in an AB pattern at 96khz 24bit (best possible audio quality), mixed and edited with a little reverb on Ardour (opensource available for Linux and Mac OS), an imported later into Hydrogen.
The drumkits will be available for everyone, once the contest finish.