I’ve finally reached the 40 minute mark

Uff, it was hard, the scene 31 at one moment had 8 characters in the same shot and also a lot of different simulations (rigid body, hair particles, cloth), so very very time consuming. Also i have added a few flashbacks to make it more misterious from the begining, and also to make some new conecctions between the characters. I have also animated a new presentation for BELOFILMS  with his own music wich i like a lot.

Also i have been procastinating :P , and i think that is because i have set the weekly goal for 60 to 75 seconds animated, or around 300 frames newly animated daily (and been doing so for the past 2 years i think, every time i have to animate (and not all the time i have to animate to make this movie)), so as the scenes are getting more and more complex to animate, the goal it’s getting more and more unreal, thus every time that i did’nt reached the goal of the minute of animation i was kind of down and felt that it was pointless to continue at a high effort level, so what was set for one week, then became 2 and sometimes 3 if the scene was unexpectedly difficult for some reason, or if i did a mistake or something…………

So, for what is left of the year, starting in august i’m going to change the workflow strategy, and my goal it’s going to be set the goal in work hours, hopefully making the productivity increase, fingers cross, but that schedule of frames per week goal wasn’t working for me anymore, because if the shots were too complex i was unable to reach the goal, or if they were too simple i would stop working earlier and leave the computer rendering, being unable to work on it anymore.

This is the final shot of the new BELOFILMS presentation (:

BELOFILMUPRESENTATION2-_00195

The new presentation doesn’t tell a story though, but it does work as a welcoming screen before the movie.

Greetings!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *