*** I still have to model, texture and rigg more characters
26.154 x photo files, complete backgrounds of 64 scenes (real locations)
Almost 9 scenes have a color graded background
*** There are 8 more scenes that i still have to make the background, but those scenes will be made in 3D
92 minutes of original music made with original recorded samples
I still have to mix 2 more themes (4 more minutes)
To make the music i made a total of 41 hydrogen drumkits from wich 8 have been released under creative commons and are freely available to download and use.
*** I would probably make 1 to 3 more themes.
127 pages of storysketch, with an average of 12 to 15 drawings per page
After the storysketch i wrote the script (just to understand better the story)
I´m currently working on the color grade of the backgrounds, then i will make my first cut with the graded backgrounds and music, later i will make the 3d characters that are still missing, after i will animate, and the final stage will be the recording and mixing of the sound FX.
Just a little update on the OMMP, here are the three model stages of the comet from the scene 60:
1:First i carved a polystyrene ball
2:Then i added epoxic clay and modeled craters and holes, i printed the pattern of a rock that i have, applying pressure with the rock over the clay, i also use some round sticks and my hands.
3:And finally i painted the surface of the model using a technique called dry brush
(First you apply a black paint all over the model, then you apply several layers using each time a lighter color. To apply the lighter paint layers you first wet the brush on the paint, and then you remove the paint excess on a absorbent surface (like cardboard), and then, with the dry brush you paint the model)
Now i have to see if a can make a 3D scan following this opensource tutorial
Hopefully the next 74 minutes will be ready by the end of 2013, early 2014…
Tech specs: 4k, 96khz-24 bit, (for now, only stereo audio, i will make it in 5.1 eventually)
This is the OMMP, at first i was going to make it in 3d stereo, but due to lack of technical equipment and too much render time, i decided it to make it just in 2d, but at least in 4k, i hope to find a cinema distributor once i finish.
Happy new year everyone!*
*Remember though, that every minute, and every second, of every day, is a new year, everything depends on the eye of the observer
Hello, Thijs Van Severen, one of the developers of Hydrogen (an opensource sampler software) told me that for the official Hydrogen server my drumkits are going to be recompress due to backup issues, so, just to make the uncompressed drumkits available to everyone y decided to make a Feed:
i won the spring drumkit contest , XD i sent 5 of the 11 eleven drumkits so it was ovbious that i had more chances of winning than the other participants XD, anyway, the drumkit will be available to download for everyone soon, here is the winners announcement , and to celebrate that i won the first prize here is another drumkit, a xylophone, recorded at 96khz-24 bit-Stereo, thanks again to the devs of Hydrogen.
A movie made only with opensource software and only by one man, that´s the aim of the OMMP, and if everything goes according to the plan, it will be released on late 2013, as of right now, i´m on schedule (:
The OMMP started on January 2012, and this is what i have accomplish so far:
60 minutes of music, made with personal recorded samples at 96khz 24bit, on this picture i´m on Ubuntu (Operative system) using Hydrogen (Sampler), QjackCtl (to route the output from the sampler to the input of the mixer), and Ardour (as the mixer of the samples), the lovely kittie is called “Masita” :3
As of today, i have drawn 774 shots, the first storysketch book is full with 654 shots, i´m currently drawing in the second one (the lighter one of the frame), in my personal way of storytelling, 20 frames = 1 minute; 200 frames = 10 minutes and so on, so my goal for the OMMP is 1400-1500 frames, wich means 70-75 minutes.
Here is my animatic, done on Cinelerra CV, at the moment i have reachd 31 minutes in images, and i have premixed the music for the first 7 minutes with my original score.
Here i am using Blender (3D software) making a character for the movie, this pic is from late may, the design has improved a lot and as of today the rigging (animation control) is almost ready for this, my first character.
So, there is a lot of hard work still to do, but, everything is moving forward, and according to the plan (: